From Pulitzer Prize winning playwright Lynn Nottage, writer of Crumbs from the Table of Joy and By the Way, Meet Vera Stark, comes this tale of love and desire at the turn of the 20th century. Esther, a talented black seamstress, saves her money as she works toward her future sewing intimate apparel for wealthy matrons and prostitutes alike. Even as she longs for a forbidden love, she accepts a future with a distant correspondent who woos her with possibilities. As Esther’s dreams seem to lie beyond her grasp, her deft fingers stitch together the hope of her dreams.
May. 16 to Jun. 13, 2020
Written by Lynn Nottage
About the Play/Event
Run: May. 16 — Jun. 13, 2020 Fridays & Saturdays at 8pm, Sundays at 2pm
Choose a Date
For Season Subscriptions, call the Box Office at (562) 494-1014, option 1. Single Tickets will be available Mid-August.
- Friday, May 15, 2020, 8pm – Half Price Preview
- Saturday, May 16, 2020, 8pm – Opening Night and Champagne Gala
- Friday, May 22, 2020, 8pm
- Saturday, May 23, 2020, 8pm
- Sunday, May 24, 2020, 2pm
- Friday, May 29, 2020, 8pm
- Saturday, May 30, 2020, 8pm
- Sunday, May 31, 2020, 2pm
- Friday, June 5, 2020, 8pm
- Saturday, June 6, 2020, 8pm
- Sunday, June 7, 2020, 2pm
- Friday, June 12, 2020, 8pm
- Saturday, June 13, 2020, 8pm – Closing Night
…thoughtful, affecting…The play offers poignant commentary on an era when the cut and color of one's dress—and of course, skin—determined whom one could and could not marry, sleep with, even talk to in public.