In what is possibly Tennessee Williams’ most famous and well-loved dramas of the modern theatre, Maggie and Brick are trying to survive the ever present tension when Brick’s family gets together to celebrate Big Daddy’s 65th (and possibly last) birthday. As the family members jockey for power and favoritism, secrets are exposed and weaknesses and insecurities are put to the test. In this latest version of the timeless drama, emotions have never been laid more bare and we have never felt so close to these beautifully flawed characters. Come on in, Maggie the Cat awaits.
CAT ON A HOT TIN ROOF
Apr. 4 to May. 2, 2020
Written by Tennessee Williams
About the Play/Event
Director: Sharyn Case
Run: Apr. 4 — May. 2, 2020 Fridays & Saturdays at 8pm, Sundays at 2pm
Choose a Date
For Season Subscriptions, call the Box Office at (562) 494-1014, option 1. Single Tickets will be available Mid-August.
- Friday, April 3, 2020, 8pm – Half Price Preview
- Saturday, April 4, 2020, 8pm – Opening Night and Champagne Gala
- Friday, April 10, 2020, 8pm
- Saturday, April 11, 2020, 8pm
- Sunday, April 12, 2020, 2pm
- Friday, April 17, 2020, 8pm
- Saturday, April 18, 2020, 8pm
- Sunday, April 19, 2020, 2pm
- Friday, April 24, 2020, 8pm
- Saturday, April 25, 2020, 8pm
- Sunday, April 26, 2020, 2pm
- Friday, May 1, 2020, 8pm
- Saturday, May 2, 2020, 8pm – Closing Night
This is a gripping and intensely moving play, a play that can hold its own with anything written in the post-O'Neill American theater…Brilliant scenes, scenes of sudden and lashing dramatic power, break open…There is, indeed, no one moment in the evening when the stinging accuracy of Mr. Williams' ear for human speech is not compellingly in evidence…Mr. Williams is the man of our time who comes closest to hurling the actual blood and bone of life onto the stage; he is also the man whose prose comes closest to being an incisive natural poetry.