To serve our diverse community with quality theatre, a strong education program, and provocative-socially significant, classic and contemporary productions. To nurture and cultivate artists and audiences alike, encouraging the participation of all interested individuals.
Established in 1929, the Long Beach Playhouse is a landmark in the City of Long Beach. The Playhouse produces 13 shows annually while actively collaborating with other artists and arts organizations. Long Beach Playhouse cuts across age, gender, ethnic, and cultural boundaries to nurture and cultivate new and traditional audiences.
We offer our patrons:
* Quality productions at affordable prices
* Two beautiful air conditioned theaters
* Comfortable intimate seating close to the stage
* Refreshments and musical entertainment before curtain and during intermissions.
* Art and sculpture exhibits in our Gallery
* Convenient, easy-to-reach location close to Garden Grove, San Diego and 605 freeways
* A really nice bunch of people who like what they do!
* Open 50 weeks a year
The Mainstage has a thrust stage with horseshoe seating for 200 on three sides. Contemporary and classic dramas, comedies are presented on the Mainstage each season. The Studio Theater, a 98-seat Equity waiver Theater has a proscenium stage on which experimental and adult-oriented works are performed along with traditional plays and musicals.
We also offer:
* Ongoing adult acting workshops
* Summer youth workshops in acting, vocal music, and dance
* Student Educational Outreach Program
* Internships in costumes, scenery, graphic design, and theatre management.
* Admission-free staged readings of original plays
* Special fundraising performances for your non-profit organization
Approximately 34,000 persons attend the Playhouse productions annually. The excellent quality of Playhouse productions is widely recognized throughout Southern California and both the Mainstage and Studio Theatrer consistently receive awards and critical acclaim. Season subscriptions are available for both theatres.
VISIT US – DIRECTIONS & MAP
The Long Beach Playhouse is located at:
5021 East Anaheim Street
Long Beach, CA 90804
From the 405 FWY (South or North)
Exit SOUTH on Lakewood Blvd (exit 27) toward 23rd St
At the traffic circle, take the 2nd exit onto Pacific Coast Highway
Turn right at Clark Ave
Turn right at E Anaheim St
Destination will be on the right. We are right across from the Recreation Park Golf Course.
Long Beach Playhouse is the proud recipient of grants awarded by the following organizations: